Blueberry & Apple Mug Muffin
Mug muffins are super quick and easy to make and taste delicious. And because they don't contain wheat flour or processed sugar they help to keep your blood sugar stable and prevent those energy crashes you can get when indulging in a regular muffin.
The addition of half an eating apple gives a little natural sweetness whilst also providing fibre and nutrients including vitamin C and potassium. Apples are also a source of quercetin, a beneficial antioxidant which may protect the body and help to calm inflammation.
This mixture can make 1 large, or 2 medium mug muffins.
Time: 10 mins
(1 large / 2 medium Servings)
- 1 large / 2 medium eggs
- 1 knob of butter or 2 tsp coconut oil melted in microwave
- 50g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ eating apple coarsely grated
- 6 – 8 blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract and/or pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Beat the egg and butter or coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Add the ground almonds and baking powder.
- Stir in the grated apple, blueberries. Add the vanilla extract and/or cinnamon if using. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 1 large or 2 smaller microwaveable mugs.
- Microwave on high for 2 ½ minutes or until cooked through.
- Once removed from the microwave, tip the mug upside down on a plate to let cool for a few minutes.
- Muffins can also be oven baked in 2 greased muffin moulds at 200°C / 180°C Fan for 20 – 25 minutes.
- You can replace with blueberries with any other berry of your choice.