Spinach & Red Pepper Frittata
This quick and easy egg frittata with cheesy topping makes a tasty protein-packed lunch or breakfast and uses the convenience of frozen veggies. Can be left to cool and taken as a packed lunch. Serve on its own or with a chopped salad and avocado.
Time: 20 minutes · 4 servings
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 2 cups Frozen Sliced Red/Mixed Peppers
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 2 tbsps Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Preheat grill to high
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the frozen spinach and peppers and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
- Add cherry tomatoes (if using) and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture into the pan with the vegetables and let the eggs begin to set for about 30 seconds, before gently stirring with a spatula to ensure the vegetables are well incorporated into the eggs. Continue to cook until the bottom half of the frittata has started to set in the pan.
- Top with grated cheese and transfer the pan to under the hot grill. Grill until the top is set and the cheese is bubbling and browned.
- Remove the pan from the grill (taking care that the handle is not hot!) and let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Tips: Try adding dried herbs or 'cheat's chilli' at step 3 for extra flavour.